Thursday, January 10, 2008

1/10/08 WOW what a difference



We had our last infusion today and I cant tell you how different it was from the previous infusions. We did not have to stop one time and Zack had no reactions. We are so happy at the out come today. I don't really have a whole lot to say about it besides it was a much easier day. Of course he was board and wanted to go home,and if that's all I had to deal with I will take it. He was in good spirits today and even played with some toys. We go back at the end of the month for some blood work and to see the studies PT to see if he is getting better. We will be going back every few weeks to see progress. We are confident that we will see progress with Zack, we wont take anything less. He will continue to see his regular Physical Therapist once a week at the Stanford clinic along with the study appointments. I took more pictures today of him and his Dr's/Nurses.

We love you Zacky

5 comments:

debrabrumbaugh said...

Way to go Team Soares! :) We're so happy to read this update and to hear that our man Zack had a good go of it today. :) Whew! I love great news like this. Michelle, thanks for setting up this blog and taking the time to update us with pictures and words! It's much appreciated! You're doing a great job.
We love you guys!
Debra, Kyle and MacaroniRigatoni

Anonymous said...

That's my Zacky and we are so proud of you for making it through this far. We love you!!!

Anonymous said...

ZACK ROCKS!!! What a treat having such an upbeat post to read today!! I'm so proud of him and happy! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Nice goin' Zack Man! looks like you have all of the support and prayers from every one around you! Michelle- your positive attitude and strenghth is very inspirational. Keep up the positive energy!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Zach keep up the go work, from the sounds of things you are being a true trooper. Getting closer to the halfway point. Missy I know keeping this blog up is good for you in many ways. Helps keep your spirits up, airs out any negative feelings you might have and keeps everyone abreast to what's happening so you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Also another good thing is when Zach gets older he can read about what he went through to get better, which we all know he will. Later on all you will be worrying about is broken arms or legs from all the sports he will be involved in as he grows :-). Please keep us updated, and Zach keep up the GOOD WORK!

Dermatomyositis


**DER MA TOE MY O SIGH TIS**

This is my way of sounding out his condition. It took me forever to try and say it and this is how I break it down.