I have created this Blog for all our family and friends to stay up to date on Zack's journey. Please come and visit as much as you want. Thank You to all our family and friends for all the support we have recieved over the past several years. Zack is very lucky to have you all in his life. You support means the world to us.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Home from the hospital
Zack came down sick last Wednesday and had a horrible cough. I took him to the Dr on Friday and said he had the flu. After another sleepless night and trying to break his fever (highest at 103.8) we decided to take him to the ER. We were in the ER for about 6 hours when they told us that they were going to admit him because his White Blood count was extremely low and thought that he had pneumonia. With him being immune suppressed they did not want to take any chances. Once we got to the pediatric ward they put him in a isolation room. All the Dr's who came in had to wash up and wear a mask and gown. He was not allowed visitors. The DR came in this morning and said that he may have to stay another few nights and I called his Stanford Dr, DR. Lee faster than he could leave the room. She consulted a Infectious Disease DR and they decide that he could go home if we locked down the house. He is not to leave until we see her on Thursday. He was a little cranky boy today and was sick of being poked and tested for everything under the roof. He is very happy to be home and is ok with not leaving the house. I hope we get good news on Thursday. Wish him luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dermatomyositis
**DER MA TOE MY O SIGH TIS**
This is my way of sounding out his condition. It took me forever to try and say it and this is how I break it down.
3 comments:
Hi Michelle, I am glad Zack is home and outta the hospital!! I hope everything goes good for him when ya go see the Dr.All of you are in my prayers.
God Bless
Desiree
Oh Zack!
We are so glad you got to come home! We missed you at the game on Saturday. Liam made you a card yesterday because he was thinking of you and hoping you were o.k. Michelle let us know if we can do anything to help you. Let me know if you want me to take Rhianna… you know Chloe would LOVE that!!
Jessica
I'm glad to hear that Zack is home from the hospital. Quinn misses him. Wish him a speedy recovery from us.
Julie
Post a Comment