Friday, October 2, 2009

New meds

We started a new medicine on Zack this week. Cellecept is the new perscription Dr. Pachman suggested and Stanford Dr's agreed and so we started. So far so good. We are really hoping this does it for him. He is such a great kid and is so resiliant. He has had some ups and downs these past few weeks but overall is doing good.

Zack has been referred to The Make-a-Wish foundation by his Dr. There is a process for this to be approved and I think it's looking pretty good. I hope! We have not talked about it much because we didnt know what the process was and how long it takes. I hope it works out, Zack has been through a lot and I think this will make him really happy. We are bowling in a fundraiser on the 10th for Make-a-Wish foundation and are looking forward to it.

The Dr gave us an option for another treatment if this doesnt work. It's an infusion we do here at home. It's a port that I insert and it takes about an hour and half to inject. this make me a little nervous but we will do what we need to make him better. Lets hope this Cellecept works

2 comments:

Trysha said...

As always, you guys are in our hearts and prayers...can't wait to see you guys again, and give zack a BIG hug from us! :)

sarah barnes said...

http://www.cradlechatter.com/modern-mommy/juvenile-dermatomyositis-one-familys-story/

I saw this on one of the websites i visit occasionally... and thought of you guys. Hope all is well!

Dermatomyositis


**DER MA TOE MY O SIGH TIS**

This is my way of sounding out his condition. It took me forever to try and say it and this is how I break it down.