I took notes during the call this evening so this may seem random, try to follow along. If you have questions or know what some of this means please share cause some I don't know.
Zack did a test that the physical therapist gave called the CMAST, it measures the movements rotation and strength in his body. Out of 52 he got a 47, not bad but she said that at this stage in his treatment he should be at 52. This improves with PT which means more trips to Stanford. His hamstrings are VERY tight and had a hard time standing on his heels which also needs to be treated. While taking his physical exam his right hip popped and was tension in one of the movements (external rotation) so she did an x-ray, that came back negative which means there was no spurs or anything restricting the movement and it's all inflammation which is part of his disease. His bone density came back at the lowest part of the normal spectrum which is not bad but needs improvement. so he will be taking supplements for that.
All this next stuff was from the blood work an asterisk means no clue what it is and I am going to google it.
Adolase is disease activity and that his high 9.3 and normal is 7.0 so that is a concern-I just looked and it's even higher than our July visit
Cholesterol, LDL, triglycerides(??) are all normal
Zack is O+, never knew that!
I had a blood-clot in 92 (it almost killed me, OK not that dramatic but it was bad) in my subclavical vein and with that she was concerned on some of his possible levels. She did some test and they all came back negative, they were testing in the lupus family.
*CD4- was 15. and normal is 16-42, not bad but needs to talk to Stanford
*AMA was positive
Platelets have come down but she is going to still watch those\
His nail beds (picture I took) has lots of disease activity so she wants him to start a new medicine.
She would like to see him back in 6 months if we want to see her again.
There are a few more blood test that she sent off to a more extensive test but don't know the results for a few more weeks.
I'm really happy with the results and nothing new coming up. If I find out more I will update this.
Thanks for all your well wishes, you guys are the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment