We saw Dr. Pachman on Monday and what a nice Dr she is. Zack had a bone density scan at 9 than we ate real quick at an amazing Bagel shop called Einsteins Bagel. So yummy! We got to the hospital and checked in. He saw a nurse got all the info she needed and than Physical Therapy came. The did a cmast test on him and they basically rate his strength by doing certain things with him. He scored a little lower than he did in April but not really a big deal. After that one of the Dr.s research girls came in to talk to us about a study and and to take photos of his cuticles/nail beds. This is to see the capillaries in his fingers and shows the disease activity that is going on. We signed him up for this study that they are doing, I feel like if know one does these studies than how will they get any results. Right? After that Dr. P came in, she brought in his medical records and man I did not realize how many he had till I had them ALL sent over. At first I just sent his Stanford records than I was thinking , well it all started with his pediatrician so I should send those than I thought maybe I should do the hospitals, he was in the hospital for this why not send those. I cant tell you how thick they all were. She had them and flagged all the stuff she thought was important. She was asking us questions about things we didn't even realized happened. She asked why he needed oxygen when he was born and Morgan said "he didn't." LOL I said "babe how can you forget that? They took him right away and but him in the incubator." He lifted his eyebrows and said "um yea no idea." Dads, geez! I was so impressed that she remembered all that in his file. I asked about his platelets being so high and she knew the numbers right off the top of her head. So after she did everything she thought of she told us that she was going to go back and review everything and get back to us on the 31st. I was disappointed that we would not have her thought right away but after we talked about it realized it makes sense, she needs to go over it all and compare things and get blood work results and so on. OK OK I'm an instant gratification kind of person. Before he was done for the day he needed to have an X-ray and blood work taken, they took 15 vials of blood. Poor kid was drained afterwards. So that's basically it. We need to wait till the 31st to here what she thinks. It's going to kill me!
BTW-did I mention we got into the Ronald McDonald house? We did and we literally found out that morning. The office opened at 9 and that was 7 our time. Our plane was to leave at 7:25 so I was calling like a mad woman. Finally at 7:15 he picked up and told us we got a room. At first we were a little out of place but REALLY quick found myself fitting in. Morgan is more reserved so he has a harder time but Zack feels right at home. This place is amazing! I swear they really cater to you, we don't need to worry about anything. There is food if we need it and they cook a meal every night for the residence. I am so passionate about this foundation now Morgan is going to go crazy. All the families they help during hard times is just amazing. SO, when you go to McDonald's just dropping your change in the donation bin is helping these houses survive. All that money goes directly to these houses. Another thing the Chicago House does is saves can tabs. They raised $40,000 dollars last year just with these tabs. I will be collecting them and sending them here to Chicago. I hope that whenever we need to come see Dr P that we will be able to stay here again. It has been such a wonderful place for/to us. Not many kids are staying here at the house so the girls during the day just go nuts over Zack. All of them keep taking him to the toy closet(although its more like a room) but we keep telling them "he has already gone 3 times" (your only supposed to go once) we have now had to put a stop to it cause we have no more room in the suitcase. They are just to generous here. Don't think he isn't eating up all the attention from them cause he is. OK so now you have two tasks, 1.donate your change at MacDonald's and 2. pull your tabs and give them to me. :)
Today we had a free day so we took a Double Decker bus tour around the city. We had a blast. We went to the top of the Sears tower and went on the glass rooms they just put up. It was so cool. We have picture to come soon. Tomorrow he needs to go back and have more blood work done because they can only take so much from his body at a time.
I know most of you have a facebook and have read most of this already.
Thanks for your support!
2 comments:
Hi Michelle,
Could you type something up about Zack and the Can-top thing, so that it comes from you (it will sound better in your words) and I will send it to the Niles e-group and talk to the school if they will allow me to put a jar in the office and at Mr Mickey's (the store) to collect Can-tops for Ronald McDonald House. I do not know if they will but I could try...I will send you a message on Facebook too I do not know if you read this as often.
Jessica
We love you Zack. Pa Pa and Grandma
Post a Comment