Monday, April 6, 2009

Dr. appointment update

We saw Dr. Lee last Thursday and even though his blood test results still look good his rash on his face and hands are real noticeable again. We have decided to increase his new medicine (Prograf) up 2ml to try and get it all under control. We hope this will work, we go back for blood work in 2 weeks and see the Dr every 4 until we get it in better control. It seems like everything we have done helps one thing but not the other. Started the study and it helped muscle strength but not the skin so we did IVIG and that helped the skin than his muscles got weaker, started this new med and now his skin is being affected again. I'm not sure what to think, I wish they would find something that would help with both muscle and skin. I wish there was a cure for Cancer and Alzheimer's and Aids and Dermatomyositis. Maybe one day! Well, were going to keep our fingers crossed and our heads up and hope for the best. Things have to get better. Stay posted.

2 comments:

Pao-ST-Ber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pao-ST-Ber said...

Michelle,
I somehow deleted the comment I left before, so here it goes again...
I wanted to tell you that even though we practically don't know each other, I now feel like I have gotten to know you quite well thanks to Facebook and now this blog which I just finished reading. I like to believe that all the energy and the strength that you have to keep on going comes from all the many people that love Zach and love you. Everyone is sending lots of positive energy your way (along with prayers of course). I guess even though God allowed Zach to go through this, he did not send him into battle empty handed... he has a real fighter, gutsy great mom and a real strong support system. I am sending you good wishes and prayers and offering my support. You go girl!

Paola Berny

Dermatomyositis


**DER MA TOE MY O SIGH TIS**

This is my way of sounding out his condition. It took me forever to try and say it and this is how I break it down.