A week ago Friday I called in for another prescription of Zack's new medicine, on Saturday I got a call from the pharmacy saying that the insurance company has requested prior authorization for the medicine. Let me also say that he has had this medicine filled twice. All last week I was dealing with Blue Cross on this issue trying to find out why we needed a PRIOR authorization for something that we had been taking for 2 months. The Dr herself called, her assistant called, and I called numerous times trying to get an answer of why this was taking so long and why it was even happening. I was so mad on Friday when I found out that it was not being filled before the weekend as we had run out. They were telling me that they were not sure this medicine is medically necessary. Who are they to make that decision? It's not marijuana! Well, I just got a call from the pharmacy saying that Blue Cross is not paying the full amount so they can't make the medicine. They are paying them less than cost so they are loosing money on it. I spoke with the head person who I have been dealing with and she said they will make the medicine and deal with the insurance company later. I love Hallers, they really have been great through all this. The lady has called me everyday saying that it hasn't come through. I hope they can get it straightened out. At least he will be back on his medication.
This is all so frustrating.
2 comments:
Triple play we heard! Great job ZACK!!
Liam misses being on your team!!
The Lambert's
I can't even imagine what you are going through. Did it get worked out?? Insurance companies are run by accountants or someting. It is soooo unbelievable!
We had issues with Blue Cross too when Zack was a baby and needed cranial surgery. It all worked out eventually - but I felt like I was on the phone full time - instead of being able to just take care of my baby.
Post a Comment