I have created this Blog for all our family and friends to stay up to date on Zack's journey. Please come and visit as much as you want. Thank You to all our family and friends for all the support we have recieved over the past several years. Zack is very lucky to have you all in his life. You support means the world to us.
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Man I suck at this!
Damn Facebook has ruined my blogging ability. I have shared everything about Zack on there so I am not good at keeping up with this. I feel bad, I get you hooked and I ditch you.
So I will recap and PROMISE to add more on here. SO since last August we have seen Dr P 3 times. Things were looking up at the beginning of the year, talks of meds coming down, looking for some great things and it was a big jinx. Our last visit the end of July was a different path. Zack has been having some bad leg pains and I swore it was a flare. WELL, evidently I am not a DR and Dr P thinks that it may be something completely different. We are sending all Dr files to her so she can go through it all. While in Chicago they did MRI, DXA, LOTS of blood work, PT, & saw ortho Dr. Zack needs to start PT again so that means more trips to Stanford. We really need to figure this out, he deserves to be off meds. This has been a long road and so much more to cover.
Zack has been doing good though and is still playing Soccer and Baseball (not at the same time) and has done well in both. He did pretty well in school and is not missing it at all. He really enjoyed his class this year and is looking forward to being an older kid on the playground. That's what its all about, right?
As you remember we were raising a guide dog Patsy. Well, she was recalled in April and has been up at her formal training. That was pretty hard on Zack to let her go. They were buddies and he really misses her.
Zack has a great personality and is our little comedian. He is still pretty reserved around people and I call him a closet joker. Just wait till he becomes more comfy around people, he's going to be class clown.
Please leave me a message if you still read these and don't see anything on Facebook. I am interested who reads this.
Thanks for reading and I will update more as things happen.
Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dermatomyositis
**DER MA TOE MY O SIGH TIS**
This is my way of sounding out his condition. It took me forever to try and say it and this is how I break it down.
2 comments:
Hey Zack, I thought I would drop in on your blog and see how you are doing. So much as gone on since you last were on GCRC, you probably don't remember me. You look great! So grown up! Glad things are going well for you and that you are enjoying Soccer and Baseball.
I am retired now, Kathy is too, and the unit is located in a totally new building on Welch Rd. I miss my patients but NOT having to get up at 5:00 in the morning! :)
Hope you had a very merry Christmas and that 2013 is a wonderful year full of blessings for you!
Tell your Mom "Hi!"
Love,
Sharon Ink, RN
Stanford GCRC (now called CTRU
Of course I remember you! You made things so easy for us, how could I forget? Please please email me. Chefyshell@yahoo.com
Post a Comment