Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's been awhile

I can't believe how long and far in between I have updated this. I really need to be better at this but it's been put on the back burner since I post everything on facebook. I will try and do better posting and keeping his blog up to date.

Zack is doing well and is stable. As always we strive to get him in remission but it seems to be harder and harder as time goes on. We travel to Chicago every 3-5 months to see Dr. Pachman and have her evaluate his progress. She is such an amazing woman and I wish I could see her more often. I think she does amazing things for these children with Dermatomyositis. We actually travel next week to see her again. This visit we will also be seeing a GI Dr. I am hoping they can rule out some things they are concerned about. Zack just had a gastric emptying test and that came back negative. I like that word "negative"! They were testing to see if any issues with digesting and wanted to see how long it took for food to pass. He did great during this hour long test laying completely still. I will post while in Chicago for any updates we get there.

Zacky started doing home infusions back in Sept and he gets them every 4 weeks. He is doing good and the past 2 have had no side effects. As a matter of fact he went to a sleepover the next day to a friends house and did great. We really like his nurse and hope we continue to get the same one. We are not sure how long he will be getting the infusions but I am hoping to get an idea while in Chicago.

Zack has started Baseball and already loves his team. This season he is a River Bandit, Zack has been a Lugnut for 2 years now but his coach couldn't move up. Zack's new coach is Coach Mike. He's a really great guy and looking forward to playing with him again. He also played competitive soccer this past fall and learned a lot. He loves soccer just like his sister. Bring on Baseball, I am ready for it!

Well, as things come up I will update his blog....I promise!

1 comment:

Trysha said...

Yay for positive news :) I know I get all the Facebook info, but I like to comment here, too. I'm looking forward to your updates from Chicago <3 <3 <3 Love you guys!

Dermatomyositis


**DER MA TOE MY O SIGH TIS**

This is my way of sounding out his condition. It took me forever to try and say it and this is how I break it down.