Monday, February 1, 2010

Chicago 2010

We Dr. Pachman today and she is really encouraging me to stay and see another specialist on Wednesday but changing my airfare is way expensive. She wants him to see a GI Dr. She thinks that JDM is effecting other things now and wants to have some test run. She thinks his non eating is from this new medicine which means a med change may be in our near future. God only know whats next for him. We did blood work first which was good cause we got some results but she wanted more done which we'll do at home. She agrees his skin looks worse than last time and for the first time ever it's in his eye lids. Total bummer, she says he still has a mild case but very chronic, I don't like that! Remission will not happen again this year, she thinks more like 5 years at this point. He had a lot of blood work done and handled it very well. We will find out more results in 2 weeks when she calls us. We are at the Ronald McDonald House again and this place is really great. The things they do for families is really amazing! I will post another update when we hear back from Dr P.

4 comments:

Trysha said...

*sigh!* I am sorry you don't have like a big pile of great news, but maybe that will come in the bloodwork results? Enjoy your time at the RMH, and don't let the "cold" stop you from having some fun on the outside too! Love you both so much.
xoxoxox!

Auntie Stacy said...

... i have no words, michelle... but i love you, i love zack, and i will pray for all of you and z's doctors.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I think about you all the time! You are so brave! I know he will get better soon, I can feel it! See you at baseball!!! It will be FUN! That is what he needs!

Jessica

Unknown said...

Dear Soares Family

You've always been our prayers. Michelle & Morgan you two are so lucky. I'm sure you know this. I don't really know your baby girl, but I know Zach. He is one very unique young man. I liked that kid from the very minute I meet him. He's always been one of my favorites. No matter what happens I consider you all to be very lucky to have such a strong, charismatic person such as Zach to be in your lives. I will always keep you all in my thoughts. God Bless you all. See you on the field

Dermatomyositis


**DER MA TOE MY O SIGH TIS**

This is my way of sounding out his condition. It took me forever to try and say it and this is how I break it down.