I have created this Blog for all our family and friends to stay up to date on Zack's journey. Please come and visit as much as you want. Thank You to all our family and friends for all the support we have recieved over the past several years. Zack is very lucky to have you all in his life. You support means the world to us.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
The latest
So Zack has been on Prograff now for almost 4 months. At his last appointment his levels were at 1.5 and they need to be at 4.5-5 for 3 months straight to see if it's helping. We have been increasing his meds to try and get to that point. We see the Dr again next Friday and hopefully they can tell us more. Our wonderful Dr.Lee has gone out to have a baby (so selfish of her I know) so we will be going back to see Dr. Chira also one of our favorite Dr's. Also at our last appointment they added another test to his blood work and it reads the level of his disease. The results are VERY low which means it is still very active. Remember at the beginning it was a 2 year treatment and he would be in remission? Well, now were looking at more like 5 or more. He has a chronic case and we cant get a hold onto things, discouraging I know. So after next Friday I will have more to add and another thing that we are doing for Zack's treatment but need to talk to the Dr's about it first and inform them. More to come...... Oh and I dont think Dr. Lee is selfish we love her to death and are very happy for her, her husband, and 2 kids. She's having a boy! Cant wait to see him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dermatomyositis
**DER MA TOE MY O SIGH TIS**
This is my way of sounding out his condition. It took me forever to try and say it and this is how I break it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment